Tuesday 10 April 2012

HerSTORY~i am ME



i didn't score staight As for my SPM and i was thoroughly shattered even thought my lowest grade was B. when i found out about my result all i did was crying even though my families and friends told me that my results were not that bad,i just wouldn't accept it.no one will understand me because i always aimed to score straight As.
However my best friend made me realise that it's not the end and life does go on.SPM marks the end of secondary schooling and the beginning of my passage to adulthood or even future. there are many students who see their spm results as the key to the path they will take. Thus, there is immense pressure on students to do well in public examination.
for me spm was a challenge that i had set for myself in my mind,and so getting anything less than straight As would have been a big disappointment to me. actually the pressure to do well had come entirely from myself, not from my friends,parents or teachers. but i must admit that "pressure to do well" is also the classic case of living up to my sibling's achievement. my parents did not pressure me to do well but i took it upon myself to follow in footsteps of my "high-achieving" siblings.





now, i am very proud of myself because spm results is not an absolute indicator of a person's abilities or potential. good results may give you the passport to a better life but to succeed in life you also need to take into account your attitude and life skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment